National Law Universities clear the syllabus of CLAT for both undergraduate and postgraduate. If we talk about the current CLAT Syllabus, then it comprises various things and fields. But before knowing the syllabus, basic knowledge about CLAT is very important. The complete form of CLAT is the Common law Admission Test. Aspirants can get detailed knowledge of the CLAT exam and related topics on BYJU’S Exam Prep.
What is CLAT?
It is the standard admission test performed by 22 national universities, and you have to give this exam at the National entrance level; people can do the law in both postgraduate and undergraduate. Those interested in going there in their direction can apply for the test.
What are the Requirements for Qualifying for CLAT?
If you want to be admitted to 22 national law universities, you must take this examination. And there are many requirements to fulfill. It would help if you practised, read different books and practised previous year’s papers.
Syllabus of the CLAT
The syllabus for the students who need to give CLAT UG is divided into five parts. These sections are quantitative techniques, general knowledge, logical reasoning, current affairs, and English. And the syllabus for CLAT PG comprises significant subjects of the LLB programme.
Covering All Fields of the Syllabus of CLAT
Since we have to study for the test, we should always eye the syllabus, and it’s better to prepare according to the syllabus—no need to go elsewhere. For example, you are preparing for the CLAT LLM Syllabus. In that case, you need to focus on its different sections such as Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Property Law, Company Law, Environmental Law, and Labor & Industrial Law.
A Different Way to Study for Syllabus of CLAT
Many people choose to coach to cover the test syllabus, but their coaching medium may be online or offline. Many people prefer self-study, but it is essential to focus on all the aspects of the paper. Because you have no guidance, you can score good marks by covering the syllabus and solving the previous year’s question papers. There are many coaching available who can prepare you for the test. But during the time of the pandemic, students prefer to do online coaching. But now, most of the students do coaching in offline mode.
Different Online Sources for Preparation
The Free CLAT Mock Test App provides you with every facility you need to prepare. Here you can give a regular mock test which will be the basis of your preparation. Just like this, there are many more apps that can ease your path.
Exam Pattern of the CLAT Examination for UG
- Students need to know about the CLAT 2022 exam pattern. And you should be aware of the rules and regulations associated with it. The duration will be two hours.
- You need to attend the multiple choice question. And the question will be in the English language.
- And you will get one mark for your correct answer and deduct 0.25 by giving one wrong answer; this is known as negative marking.
- There will be 28-32 on the English language, 35-39 questions on Current affairs, including general knowledge, 13-17 on Quantitative Techniques, 35-39 on Legal Reasoning, and 28-32 on Logical Reasoning.
- The total number of questions is 150. And this pattern is for UG.
Exam Pattern for CLAT PG Exam
Here duration, marking scheme, and negative marking will be the same, but for the question type, you need to answer Objective & Descriptive type questions.
Some Tips which can help in Your Preparation
- You should divide equal time for all the topics and each subject.
- To get admission to the national university, you must be consistent and follow your timetable in a very disciplined manner.
- To get an idea, you need to solve the previous year’s question paper, perform some mock tests, complete the syllabus some days before the examination, and revise in the last days.
- Last and most important is to keep yourself calm, relax, and don’t panic.